Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Being John Malkovich

Being John Malkovich

I am a bit obsessed with movies. Especially movies that no one else likes or wants to watch with me, it seems. On the other hand, everyone I have ever gotten to watch this movie has said two things: "it's weird!" and "that was a really good movie!". I'm not sure if it's Cameron Diaz's obsessive love of animals or the concept of taking over another body, but it remains one of the few movies I can watch over and over and not tire of. Spike Jonze is an amazing director, and his use of space, color and unique camera angles throughout the film only enhance the already unusual plot line. Every moment of this film is a grotesque exaggeration of the world we live in, but lies just enough in reality to make it almost believable. The cinematography alone makes it worth checking out, but throw in a crazy plot, a few famous faces and you have an equally eccentric and brilliant movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment